Give This Christmas Away (November 13, 2017)
Announcing BRANCH OF LOVE for Christmas:
You can make a real difference in a child’s life this Christmas.
Think about children whose parent or parents are in the local jail. What will their Christmas be like?
The Branch of Love program provides Christmas gifts to children of those incarcerated at the local jail (The Prince William – Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center) and shares the Gospel message with Guardians:
- Gifts are limited to children through the age of 18.
- Gifts are on behalf of the incarcerated parent and the guardian has approved this.
- If you would like to help, take a Christmas card off one of the Christmas trees and call the coordinator identified on that card.
- There will also be an instruction sheet, near the Christmas tree, that you can take.
- Christmas cards will not be on trees until Sunday, November 19
- Wrapped gifts should be returned by Sunday, December 10 (so that gifts may be shipped and/or delivered before Christmas).
- There may be an opportunity for a Sunday School class to sponsor a family (providing gifts for the family’s children and inviting the family to church).
MBC is participating with several other churches to support the Branch of Love program which is led by the local Good News Jail & Prison Ministry chaplain. Last year, with your help, the program supported 410 children.
Contact Wayne Gorsuch firstname.lastname@example.org